Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy Stephanie Occhipinti Designs?
The entire EMPI collection is available on Stephanie Occhipinti’s online store and in craft fairs along the East Coast. Stephanie will update her events page and blog with information about upcoming craft shows, trunk shows and events.
What makes Stephanie’s designs different?
Stephanie Occhipinti Design is a small and intimate company. Each style of jewelry is personally designed by Stephanie exclusively for her company. Her pieces come to life from pencil drawings and water color paintings to create an exquisitely crafted collection, cast with the highest quality metals and formed by hand by the finest jewelers in New York City. Because her jewelry is handcrafted with genuine stones, each piece may vary ever so slightly in its color shades, textures and antique finishes, which Stephanie feels adds a unique personality to your wearable art.
Are you socially and ecologically responsible in your production?
Stephanie prides herself on personally sourcing her metals through local New York City vendors who comply with all rules and regulations and are socially and production conscious. The casters that Stephanie uses, only use refiners that comply with the Dodd Frank Act and are “conflict free” and sustainable. Through her long- standing relationships and living in NY, Stephanie was able to craft her collection by the finest NYC jewelers.
Where do you purchase your stones, beads, leather and chains?
Stephanie purchased each stone, bead, yard of leather and chain from New York City based companies that only buy from the finest most reputable worldwide sources. Stephanie’s stone sources are committed to operating their business in such a way that neither engage in, nor encourage in any manner practices that are regarded as unacceptable and against the public interest. These are: buying and trading rough and/or cut gemstones from areas where this would encourage or support conflict and human suffering, the use of child labor and practices which intentionally or recklessly endanger or harm the health or welfare of individuals. Her leather and cord is the finest quality and is free of all harmful chemicals and dyes. Stephanie’s chains are purchased through a leading industry supplier based in NYC and in business for over twenty years.
What is .925 sterling silver?
Sterling silver is an alloy, and does not contain any nickel, so it is wearable by most segments of the population. Stephanie’s sterling is stamped .925 because it's made of at least 92.5% pure silver; the remaining alloy is approximately 7.5% copper.
What is Vermeil Plating?
Vermeil is pronounced “ver-may”, and it is 100 micro inches (2.5 microns) of gold and electroplated over .925 sterling silver or other fine metals. Vermeil can be of 14k to 24k purity. This process is used in jewelry, tableware, and other fine pieces of home décor.
All of Stephanie’s jewelry is true vermeil. It is (2.5 microns of 23.5ct gold and plated over .925 sterling silver). The gold plating is 100% nickel free, making it safer for the environment and the customer with a propensity for allergic reactions. It is a more affordable technique to have the lasting look and feel of pure gold. (See care instructions)
What if my jewelry arrives damaged?
If your purchase arrives damaged in any way, please contact us immediately at email@example.com explaining in detail where your piece or pieces are damaged and provide any images if possible. Stephanie will immediately prepare return labels and the process for replacement will begin. There will be no return or shipping charges for exact replacement.
What do I do if I need a repair?
Please note that all repairs are handled on an individual basis. Repairs will only be made due to imperfections in the workmanship or materials but not on items where damage was caused by alteration or other factors.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will provide you with further instructions and an estimate of the cost of the repair (if applicable). Simply include your name, address, phone number and e-mail address, explaining in detail where your piece or pieces need repair and provide any images if possible. Please be advised that our jewelry is crafted by hand with specially selected, all genuine stones. Therefore, if we are unable to repair your item, we may suggest a replacement piece, and if it is not in stock, there will be an approximate 3-week delivery time.
How will my jewelry purchase be packaged?
All orders arrive beautifully wrapped, ready to be gifted, in exclusive Stephanie Occhipinti Design packaging, which includes a plastic baggie with anti-tarnish strip and 100% cotton polish cloth (safe for all jewelry) encased in a leatherette pouch wrapped in a decorative white rice paper and placed in a matching branded shopping bag. Your order will then be securely placed into our shipping boxes.